Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Sensory Language

For English, we have had to do a small task on sensory language. Sensory language is language that connects to the five senses to create an image or description for your reader. We were also given another obstacle, we were not allowed to use words like tasted, smelled, felt, saw or heard or anything like that.

The aroma wafted around me as soon as I pushed the cold metal of the door open. The warmth of the ovens enveloped and enclosed me into a world of my own. The taste of fresh bread's and cakes had already reached my lips and the constant chatter of the bakers calmed me. The cakes were decorated with colours that you could never see on the street, the ocean of cerulean hit the sandy frosting of the beach that laid upon the fluffy sponge of the cake.

2 comments:

  1. Superb writing, Jess! It is easy to picture the scene you have painted here. I like that you included an explanation of what sensory language is. To improve your post, try using Grammarly.com to proofread your work. Keep up the great work. Ka rawe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miss Johnson, I do use Grammarly already, was there something that went uncorrected?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.