Pages

Thursday 28 February 2019

Athletic Improvements and Progression

Since the start of the year in PE, we have mainly been focussed on the upcoming Athletics Day and its events. Those events are long jump, high jump, discus, shot put, and the sprints, as well as javelin and triple jump for those who chose to compete in the competition area.
The options I chose for competitive were long jump, high jump, triple jump, discus and the 200-metre sprinting event. I chose my events because I feel I excel in those particular ones compared to the others and that I have improved over the past few weeks I have had to learn new techniques.
Since the beginning of the year, I have learnt a new technique for discus and been over a new technique for high jump which I vaguely already knew.
The discus technique was that you stand with your back to the throwing circle before spinning with my right foot around 200 degrees and stepping towards the front of the circle with my left and throwing the discus. When it comes to new techniques with the discus I have also learnt to keep my pointer finger at the very top of the discus, facing '12 o'clock'. The high jump technique was the Frosby Flop, where instead of jumping over the bar using the usual scissor kick, you simply jump over the bar with your dominant foot and attempt to land on your back instead of your feet.
I have been able to enjoy doing all of the activities with my friends in my class and the other we do PE with. It was nice to be able to have the calmer periods of PE rather than 15 laps of the gym at the
beginning of the lesson like we had last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.