Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Cave Drawings

In Social Studies we have moved on from Careers into Technology and Change. Through this, we are looking at the past and how technology has developed since then. We have recently been looking into what the Paleolithic Age and the Neolithic Age are. During which, cave paintings were used to do things such as teach and warn people. It taught them things such as what animals are food, their history and family, and other necessary information. It warned people of dangers as well, such as animals, natural disasters, what foods to avoid and other things as well.

This led to us creating our own cave paintings in the traditional style. I don't have photos right now, however, my concept was drawing my two cats in the traditional style, as we've been told to do something that is either meaningful, representative of technology and change or something to do with what they may have drawn. This also led to my idea of drawing lightning striking a tree, however, as people wouldn't have even known what it was or how lightning would have happened, I decided against it. This was the same for my concept of drawing cats. So I drew a singular cat. Of course, I wanted to do more, but you can't fight a swarm of students attempting to write their Instagram names on the walls of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.