Pages

Friday 23 March 2018

Wandering through the graveyard it felt like something was watching me...

I didn't feel so confident visiting Grandma Rose anymore, I squeezed the bouquet of flowers that I held tightly and kept walking through the darkness. It felt like the spirits were watching me, judging me, shaming me. I don't think they approve of what I did. But, I had to keep thinking of Grandma Rose. Then out of no where I trip on a tree root and fall face first into the ground getting a taste of the muddy grass that who knows what walked across, or floated. I shivered at the thought and picking up the bouquet, I got up only to realise I found Grandma Rose.

Grandma Rose was a sweet lady, I say that because she was a baker. A great one too, she would use the sweetest icing to decorate cupcakes and adorn them with icing roses. But, she was always lonely, I never really saw why. Grandma Rose was talented, beautiful and kind, kind enough to adopt me as her grand daughter from the orphanage I was left at so many years ago. I couldn't even muster the kind of happiness I felt that day, neither could I ever weep so much again.

"What is it you're looking for, pumpkin?" I didn't believe my ears, I couldn't. I could hear Grandma Rose. I looked behind me for the prankster, but saw no one, but a man at a grave mourning his loss. He was quite a way away so it couldn't of been him. I looked to her grave again and whispered her name into the night black sky. I saw nothing, but the shimmer of stars. I thought that I was just hoping that she would come back, and my mind was creating that reality. Who doesn't? Who wishes to see their loved ones go through death?

Well, I do know someone, the person who killed her, Grandma Rose, you wouldn't guess...





It had been her own son.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.