Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

Reflecting...

ON BUGSY MALONE!!!!

No, this ain't no emotional stuff because it's getting closer to the end of the year. I'm answering questions about how the production of Bugsy Malone so far.

What have I learnt so far?

From this production, I have learnt about how important it is to have every actor there and available. Often people won't respond to their characters name or just not respond when they are called as a general group, this means that not everyone is one stage, or knows their lines or their cues. This can be very frustrating for those who are more dedicated and into the activity, as they can be blamed for their partners or entire group not being on cue or even on stage. Even so, this has been an important lesson for myself and others, as some did expect this project to be short, sweet and fun, and while it is fun, some people don't understand how fun it can be to pretend to be another person. Because, for some time, you aren't you, you don't have your problems, you have someone else's, the problems of someone who doesn't even exist, the problems of someone who will never be real and actually feel the guilt or anger or sadness from these problems you are pretending to have. With acting, you can pretend to be someone constantly angry or sad, and through this, you can take out the anger or sadness that you have and take it out how they would.

How have I been challenged?

I don't think I have been too challenged with my role as Knuckles, in a way it is very much similar to my role as Ed, the character I played in the play last year, basically, say what you have and nothing more. I think what I have been challenged with is the dancing and trying to bond with these people I don't know, I have never been that great of a dancer and I can be very awkward at times with strangers or people I haven't talked to in a long time.

What have been some of my favourites moments so far?

Some of my favourite moments have been watching Nadia getting really mad as Fat Sam and watching others being terrified of her and her yelling, that's kind of mean, isn't it? But, it isn't the only thing I've enjoyed, even though I'm a horrible dancer, I enjoy our short dances at the beginning of lessons, they're fast-paced, keep me moving, and even though it is very cramped, I enjoy the dancing component, but if you ever find a video of me dancing either crop me out or delete the video, I will most definitely look stupid. Even still I am going to put videos of me dancing on here and I know I will severely regret this later in life.

What am I looking forward to?

I am looking forward to doing both of the shows twice in a row. This sounds crazy, doesn't it? Well, I want to know what's like to have that sort of pressure to have two shows in a row, it will be a form of a taster for what a real full-length musical would be like, except very diluted, seeing as the shows are each forty minutes long.

How do all of these blog posts show my working?

They show that I have taken time to study what it would have been really like to be a gang member in the 1920s, how it would have been to really have been Knuckles all that time ago. What I would have seen on my way to Becker's Book Emporium, what I would have worn while passing everyone else on the streets, what kind of words I would have heard people using. Because of the blog's I have done I understand all of this and it's importance.



What am I wondering?

Should Knuckles death have more of a comedic aspect to improve upon the humour like in the video? Or should it still be an emotional, heartbreaking moment for Sam Stacetto, a mobster, who's never known more than nothing and his gang? (I could smell the cheese from a mile away)

Does anyone have a fedora I could use?

How many people can Nadia terrify before this is over?

Don't actually answer that last one, she'll hit me and then she'll find you, if you're a student, and likely hit you as well. Love you Nadia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.