Pages

Monday 2 July 2018

Final Blog post for Drama 2018

What I have learned about performance skills is that to play a character you need to know their story and their emotions. If you don't know who the character is and how they react to different situations you could portray the character completely wrong and the storyline could go into disarray and confusion.

The evidence that I have of how I have improved my performance skills is that I do Drama activities outside of school times and seen how actors have portrayed themselves. I think that seeing and experiencing acting for yourself is the best way to learn and I believe that there is no better way to learn about acting and performing. When I act I think about who the character is and how the character would really react to the situation, then I would apply the necessary acting techniques to myself.

What I know about performing arts jobs is that there aren't just actors, for a production you need so many different jobs. You need someone to control the lighting. You need stage crew to move props. You need directors to control how the production goes. Sometimes you even need acting, dance or even singing coaches to help enhance the quality of the performance.

What I am wondering about performing arts is how many people did it take to perform big productions, like Hamilton and Les Miserables?

NZ Performing Arts

In Christchurch, we have several performing arts companies and venues


Court Theatre

- The types of shows we have here are mainly smaller productions, especially kids acts and comedy shows. The people who are more permanently stationed there are 'The Court Jesters', they do improvisations that are often about comedy. There are no recorded lists of what skills are needed for joining the Court Theatre on their site, you would most likely have to contact them.

Imagine Youth Theatre

- The Imagine Youth Theatre do productions that include younger children and adults as main roles, that are most well known for productions such as Alice through the Looking Glass and Pinnochio where they include children. There are no permanently noted actors on the Imagine Youth Theatre site although there are two main people who make up the company and hire the actors and children for the productions. As a child there you do not need too much experience in acting as this is mainly to give children a chance to act and have fun.



1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.