Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2018

10 Steps to a Perfect Advertising Jingle

In Music class, we are working on what makes a catchy jingle. Here, I have created ten requirements for a good jingle.

For our work, we also had to rate four popular jingles on a scale of ten using our ten requirements for a catchy jingle. I chose from the ads shown to us and picked the Band-Aid jingle, Kit Kat jingle, The Watties Tomato Sauce jingle and finally the Fruju jingle.













I give, out of ten, an eight, to the Watties Tomato Sauce Ad, it didn't get a full ten for me because it didn't use the company slogan and it was quite a long ad. It appealed to every audience, and was straight to the point about what they were trying to advertise.









The Fruju jingle, for me, has an earned a nine out of ten, it didn't get a perfect score, to me, because there was no use of the company slogan. The jingle was catchy, easy to understand and very straight-forward.










This Band-Aid jingle, like the Fruju Ad, also gets a nine out of ten, it would have gotten a perfect ten had appealed more to parents. But, other than that it is a winning ad in my books.










When I was watching this Kit Kat jingle, I was amazed to find that I couldn't flaw it, and I just had to give it a ten out of ten. The ad engages every age, race and gender into listening and watching the ad. It is simple, short and sweet.










What am I learning?

From this work I have learnt about catchy jingles and how they can entice people into watching and listening to advertisements. I know that this learning will help me in the future as Business and Enterprise is right around the corner and that advertising is the key to business.

How does this work show my learning?

I think this work shows my learning by showing how I observe ads and I pinpoint the key points in the advertisements.

What am I wondering?

I am wondering what others in my class may have given these advertisements, mark wise.

Small note, this is all my opinion, none of this coincides with what anything a professional may say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.