Pages

Friday 8 June 2018

Health Assessment

Relaxing -
What I learnt:
Relaxing is needed, you can not even realise it, but you could be relaxing. We learnt that relaxing can be easiest when you’re just laying there, thinking about what has been happening today and in the past, recent or not, the best way, is to forget about it for a moment, let it go and take a moment to calm yourself with nothing going on around you.
Why this is important:
Because without relaxation you cannot properly enjoy a good night's rest. Your body will be constantly going and be moving, you could fall asleep at any moment. You would become very stressed and tired which will affect your well-being, both your physical and emotional. When you relax you take the thoughts that are causing you stress and anxiety and let them go. Relaxation can help you remember to be resilient and try to do your best.
How could I use this in my own life:
Relaxation is needed for everyone. I need to remember to take a moment and make sure I can continue my current activity, or if I need to take a moment to relax. I would most likely need to remember to relax when doing something along the lines of studying or finishing some homework.
A snip-it of my previous work:

Body Cues - 
What I learnt:
Body Cues are the signs that your body gives when you're either in a certain mood or thinking of a certain thing. For example, when you're happy, most people will have a smile on their face, their eyes will light up and the eyebrows will most likely be neutral, another example is when most people are angry their muscles tense and their face goes a shade of red, some even grit their teeth.

Why this is important:

Body Cues are important because they can show the mood of a person and how you should treat them. They show how a person may act. They show how they are feeling, maybe even what they are feeling about the current or previous situation. For example, if someone shows the body cues of happiness, you shouldn't greet them saying something to sadden them.
How could I use this in my own life:

I could use my knowledge of body cues to see how my friends and family are feeling. By taking this action, I will acknowledge how to treat them, and the current situation they are going through. 

A snip-it of my previous work:



Empathy -

What have I learnt:

Empathy is shown when you show similar emotions to someone else and relate to their current problem. Empathy is a way of supporting others. Some people find it better to be shown empathy than people trying to tell them it will be okay. 

Why this is important:

Without empathy, a lot of friendships and other relationships would not exist. Not only does being empathetic support others, there are benefits too. The benefits of being empathetic can be showing that you care about the well-being of others, you gain respect, trust and other aspects. This can build a stronger bond between the two people involved. 

How could I use this in my own life:

Empathy is a way of supporting others. What kind of friend can you be if you aren't there to support your friends through tough times? I would need to know what empathy means to support my friends when they go through rough times in their lives.

A snip-it of my previous work:



What Resilience is - 

What I have learnt:

Resilience is the ability to recover quickly from something. Being resilient is to 'bounce back' and never give up when faced with difficulties and toughness in life. Resilience is shown when you take action and never give up, whether it be when dealing with bullies or facing a hard test.

Why this is important:

To be resilient is important, if you give up all the time, you are never going to achieve anything. Getting a job or achieving the reality of a dream, without resilience, you couldn't do either. If he had not been so resilient and given up, Thomas Edison would've never invented the light bulb. Without resilience, we would not have any of the things we have today.

How could I use this is my own life:

If I want a job, I will have to be resilient, I will have to overcome the challenges of having that job so I could earn some money. If I want to go to university, I will have to be resilient, I will have to work as hard as I can to get good grades and get a degree. Everyone with a job, a degree, has worked to get there, and has been resilient and not given up.

A snip-it of my previous work:


Mindfulness - 

What I have learnt: 

Mindfulness I being aware of the things that are being said and what is going on around you. To be mindful is to pay attention to what someone is doing or saying, being non-judgemental and trying to be completely focused on what they are talking about. Sometimes a persons body cues show what they are actually feeling over what they are saying. For example, they say they're not afraid, but they're shaking, as their voice it too.

Why this is important:

To be mindful is important, to have any basic communication you need to pay attention and be mindful of the current situation, show empathy and support others if they need it. You need to see what side of the story you're hearing and what their body cues are explaining.  If you pay attention to what they're saying and offer your opinion on it, this supports them and shows that you care. If you are mindful of others, you can maintain a strong relationship with them.

How could I use this is my own life:

To be a good friend I need to be mindful of the situation my friends are going through, and show some sensitivity. I would need to know everything going on. I would need to be mindful of what I say to make sure I don't hurt them in the midst of cheering them up. I would need to be mindful of my friends all of the time to show that I really do care and have a good relationship with them.

A snip-it of my previous work:


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic detail and clever set up with your sub headings! Having these sub heading ensured you meet all the criteria for Excellence. And nice examples from your work. Well done Jess!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.