Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Exactly one hundred words, with three language features, and five random words.

So, we did this again except we had to use five specific words, each randomised for each person, mine was -

Needle
Gas
Brick
Maximum

Ant

My language features were a hyperbole, metaphor, and alliteration.

Here it is

I was an ant, compared to him. He towered over me, his eye the size of a brick. You could give him a needle, he wouldn’t notice. And he wasn’t even at his maximum height, he still had growing to do. He could swipe us aside like we were a gas. In years to come, I would be retold my own story and I wouldn’t believe them. I took a deep breath and tried to slip behind the group of people, I couldn’t look. He heaved hundreds of huge rocks and moved them aside. He hadn’t yet noticed his audience.

3 comments:

  1. Daaaaaamn Jess. This is really interesting and I wish there was more to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jess. You have a very creative approach to your work. If only we could write more I think your story would have better creativity in what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job Jess! What a great way to use 100 words to write such a great story! You have shown how creative you are in this. The use of the three language features was good. Maybe a few more adjectives would have brought it to life. Otherwise, I really liked it.
    - Nadia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.