Pages

Friday 14 February 2020

Visual Arts

This year I will be focussing on cityscape/landscape as my kaupapa (concept). This theme is something I have chosen because I want to expand my artistic views. I usually base my artwork on a sole subject without any more scenery and this is why is have chosen this kaupapa. The media I would like to work with is sketching, photography and (potentially) printing. I may change these over time depending on how I want to focus my subjects and my methods, but these are the ones I am interested in.
The two artists I've chosen from 1.1 list one are Sofia Minson and Robyn Kahukiwa and from list two are Claude Monet and Sheperd Fairey.


The artist I am interested in for my kaupapa is either Photo Roman or Rinko Kawauchi. These are some of my notes to do with our kaupapa and subject matter:
























I would like to work with flowers, backgrounds and silhouettes of people as my subject matter. I believe I can create effective meaning through my art with these as my subject of choice.

1 comment:

  1. so you are very interested in photography then? Would you like to have a go at using the camera's tomorrow? I would like you to look up what "wide aperture photography"

    What do you want to take photos of? you have listed good kaupapa ideas, now i want something concrete. do you have old photos at home that you could start with? you could use my beloved riverstones as a good subject for all of what you have talked about here too.

    Well done with completing the first blog post.
    See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.