Pages

Friday 8 March 2019

Who was Harriet Tubman?



What I found interesting...

I found it quite interesting how much impact Harriet made and how much is known about her. Considering how long ago it was I didn't think I would have been able to find as much as I have. As well as how dedicated she was, I didn't mention this in my poster but Harriet served in the Civil War as a nurse and cook.

What I already knew... 

Before doing this topic I didn't know who Harriet Tubman even was. 

What I want to learn... 

I want to learn about her second husband Nelson Davis and their relationship, as well as their adopted daughter Gertie. It would interesting to learn about how Gertie and Nelson would have felt when they saw her and knew about the great things she had done.

Why Harriet Tubman was an important figure... 

Harriet Tubman was an important figure because of who she was and what she did. She freed only sixty or seventy people herself. But her influence and story is important and has saved so many people, I have said this maybe too many time by now but it is true. Harriet Tubman is an inspiration.

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death. If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive. I should fight for liberty as long as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.